Guest Service & Rules
It is our goal to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Feel free to ask our staff members for anything you may need.
Office Hours are from 8 AM to 8 PM. There are no phones in the guestrooms. For all questions or needs, please come to the front desk. When the office is closed, if necessary, you may contact the Night Manager by dialing (508) 548-3126. In the event of an emergency, please use your cell phone to dial 911.
- Check-in is available from 3:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- We will text message or call you the day before your arrival to confirm your arrival time. If you are not sure of your arrival time or will be arriving later than 8pm, we will provide you with the self check-in information. It is rare that we can accommodate an early check-in but we are always happy to store baggage. Please call to make these arrangements in advance.
- Check-out is any time before 11am.
- Late check-outs must be arranged in advance with the Innkeeper to assure there is ample time to prepare the room for guests arriving later that day. During our peak season, we typically cannot accommodate late check-outs due to the tight timeframe to turnover the guestroom.
- Daily maid service is available upon request from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- There is an outdoor shower for rinsing off sand and salt water, located at the end of the building under the stairs.
- Beach towels are available upon request, but supplies are limited and provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may return used towels in the hamper located by the front office.
- The Falmouth Tides offers free wireless internet access. The network and password will be provided at check-in.
- All rooms are equipped with flat-panel TV, mini-fridge, and coffee maker. Rooms with kitchenettes also come equipped with sink, microwave, glasses, china, and flatware.
- The rooms at Falmouth Tides are not equipped with air conditioning. We are happy to supply guests with fans on the occasion when ocean breezes are not enough to cool rooms in evening.
- We strongly caution all guests to remain alert around open doors. Even modest sea breezes can cause guestroom doors to slam closed suddenly, which could cause injury.
- Parking for one (1) vehicle per room is allotted. There are no additional parking spaces available on the premises. The Falmouth Tides is not responsible for extra vehicles towed from off-site parking spots.
- For reservations made directly on our website or via phone, a one-night deposit plus lodging tax is required to secure your reservation and will be charged to the Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express card provided. You may cancel your reservation 14 days prior to your arrival date for a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. Stays of 5 days or longer will require a 50% deposit.
- If booking your reservation less than 14 days before your arrival, the entire reservation amount will be charged to your credit card and is non-refundable.
- The remainder of your balance is due at check-in and can be paid by credit card or cash. Your reservation is not confirmed until your deposit has been successfully processed. An automatic confirmation will be sent by our reservation system to the email you provide. Guests electing self-check-in or arriving outside of the normal check-in hours will have the remaining balance charged the day the self-check-in information is provided.
- Reservations made through third-party websites such as Booking.com, Expedia, or Airbnb will be charged a 100% deposit at the time of booking.
- During our peak season from Memorial Day to Columbus Day, we typically require a 2-minimum length of stay. During this time there are no check-ins or check-outs on Saturdays. Holiday or special event weekends many include additional night requirements.
- We offer discounts for longer term stays in excess of ten days. Feel free to contact the hotel directly if you would like to inquire about availability.
- Rates are based upon two people per room. A maximum of 4 people per room is allowed except for the Suite which accommodates up to 6 people. Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult family member at all times. There is a $20 per-night, per-person charge for each extra person over 3 years old. All guest names must be listed on the reservation for your safety in the event of an emergency.
We welcome well-behaved dogs up to 65 lbs, subject to the following:
- Not more than one dog per room
- Dogs should not be left alone in your guest room.
- For the safety of our staff and your pet, Housekeeping cannot service your room if your pet is not in a pet carrier or crate.
- For the comfort and safety of our other guests and staff members, we ask that guests keep their pets on a leash while on Falmouth Tides grounds. Both Massachusetts and town law requires dogs to be leashed while in public.
- We reserve the right to charge guests for damage incurred to hotel property or excessive cleaning necessary as a result of your pet.
- Falmouth Tides will not be responsible for the safety of a pet that may exit your room. This includes pets that escape while staff enter or exit a room.
The pet fee is $25 per day. We are pleased to host you and your pet at the Falmouth Tides, but in the unlikely event Management deems a pet too disruptive or dangerous to other guests, staff, or hotel property, the hotel may ask the guest to make arrangements for other accommodations. If you have any questions please contact us.
- The Falmouth Tides is a NON-SMOKING & NON-VAPING property. For the health and safety of our guests, smoking and vaping is not permitted anywhere on the premises including on our oceanfront decks and patios and on the beach. Please smoke in the designated area only. A minimum $250 cleaning fee is imposed for smoking and vaping in non-designated areas.
- The Tides’ beach is for Registered Guests Only.
- An adult must accompany young children at all times.
- Swimming is at your own risk. There is never a lifeguard on duty.
- Grills, candles, or fires of any kind are not allowed on hotel grounds or in rooms.
- Fireworks are illegal in Massachusetts and are not to be discharged anywhere on hotel grounds.
- To ensure all guests have enough ice, only ice buckets supplied in the room are allowed. No coolers are permitted.
- Our guests look forward to a rejuvenating and relaxing stay. Please be considerate of your fellow guests when exiting and returning to your room and observe quiet hours from 11pm to 8am. Excessive noise or loud music will not be tolerated, and the police will be notified after two warnings.